Talentpick's Privacy Commitment Overview
Talentpick is committed to protecting the privacy of our users, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to this web site. The following statement explains Talentpick commitment to managing your personal information and sets out how and when personal information is collected, held, used or disclosed. This Privacy Commitment only applies to data gathered on the Talentpick.in web site (the "Web Site"), and does not apply to any other information or web site.
By registering or by using this site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, use and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Statement. Please read this Statement carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under law. If you do not accept the Privacy Statement stated herein or disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on the Web site, please do not use it.
Scope of this Policy
Talentpick policy complies with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
The Site contains links to other web sites over which we have no control. Talentpick is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
We also do not control the data use practices of either (a) employers or others who may access your information on this site, or (b) third party Ad Networks and other third parties with whom we work to serve you personalized ads on our sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and opt-out choices of those third parties so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information We Collect and Retain
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of our Site. We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit our Sites: personal information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the web site whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect in some areas of our Site, depending on the services you use and local law, are:
Information about third parties, such as references or contacts that you provide to us should have their express written consent to do so.
We also collect behavioral information regarding how you use our site and mobile applications, the areas of our site that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geolocation, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
In addition, Talentpick may collect indirect information about you when you use certain third party services on our web site and the collection of such information is considered necessary for that purpose.
We do not collect sensitive personal data like;; financial information such as Bank Account details or Credit Card or Debit Card or other payment related details; physical and mental or other health conditions or medical records and history; Biometric information such as finger prints, voice & facial patterns and DNA any other sensitive information which is confidential or sensitive by its nature. We do not store information of users like password of your e mail account. The password of your Talentpick account automatically get saved in the Talentpick server when you create an account or register with Talentpick and not authorized by Talentpick for access unless desired under any legal obligation.
If you choose to login with Facebook or similar sites, we import the information that you choose to share with us by installing the application or logging into that platform or site, and we make it part of your profile. Because Talentpick sites and applications are intended to allow you to share your information and to allow others to find you, we make certain information about you publicly available by default. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet, including users without accounts, and may appear in public search engine search results. However, you can control the visibility of your information by managing your privacy settings. You can also restrict the information available to others by deleting information you do not want visible or by not providing it at all.
When you post information on another user’s profile or comment on another user’s post, the public availability of that information will be subject to the other user’s privacy settings.
We may personalize the advertising that you are shown on our sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. In order to provide this personalization, in addition to information we collect about you on our sites, we acquire information (including personal, demographic, behavioral and indirect information) about you from third parties who provide it to us.
How Information is used
We use the information we gather on the web site for the purposes of:
- Providing our services
- Responding to any queries you may have;
- Operating and improving the web site;
- Fostering a positive user experience; and
- Delivering the products and services that we offer to jobseekers and employers.
User’s Consent to Talentpick to Use the Information
By registering with Talentpick, by managing your profile, or opting in when presented with choices, you have explicitly consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways:
- To allow you to create an account;
- To create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us information imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers;
- To contact you about Talentpick Site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- To provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- To inform you of other products or services available from Talentpick or its affiliates
- To enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- To conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners;
- To provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- To provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process, such as accessing the searchable resume database;
- To help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile and connect with you;
- To allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
- To give search engines access to public information;
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles, and career background and experience;
- To generate internal reports about the use of our site; and
- To provide ‘forward to a friend’ features.
Information you post in public areas of the site or place in the searchable resume database will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. By providing your personal information for inclusion in our database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described here. While Talentpick takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, Talentpick does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Talentpick Site. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information, including personality profiles, to any Talentpick Site.
We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads on our sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties.
Information about all Talentpick Visitors
We gather information about all of our users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for you. We may share this information with our partners, but only in the aggregate, so that they too may understand how Talentpick visitors use our Web Site, and also create a better overall experience for you. We do not disclose information about your individual visits to Talentpick to any outside parties, except when to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations or in legal proceedings when such information is relevant.
Information about you specifically
Talentpick is a career site; we retain your personal information to assist in your career performance or management including finding or retaining work; or to facilitate other services to or by us.
For example, when you sign up to use a service, enter into a contest, or purchase a product, we collect more specific personal information about you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, qualifications or career history.
If you choose to do so we may also retain sensitive information about you such as information about your membership in a professional or trade association or trade union.
We may also ask you for other information, such as information on your interests, your likes and dislikes regarding the Web Site, the types of jobs you are interested in, etc., in an effort to deliver to you the best possible Web Site experience. When you grant us your permission, we will communicate with you regularly with tips, advice and survey information on using the Talentpick Web Site to maximize your career development. Talentpick also provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of these types of communications. If you choose to receive these types of communications at the time of registration, but later decide you no longer want to receive them, simply log in to your My Talentpick account and edit your account profile.
Use and Disclosure of the Information we collect
We use the information we gather on the Web Site, whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purposes of operating and improving the Web Site, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering the products and services that we offer.
If you have provided consent for us to do so, we may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliated companies or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered.
We may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the Web Site to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered. We may also provide additional communications, promotions and information on new Talentpick opportunities, and additional job postings which may be of interest to you. The nature and frequency of these messages will vary depending upon the information we have about you.
In addition, at the time of registration for an account, you have the option to elect or not elect to receive additional communications, information and promotions, including without limitation, free informational newsletters from us relating to topics that may be of special interest to you, such as career management advice.
Talentpick cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Commitment. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. As a user of the Web Site, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Web Site, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Web Site.
Disclosure of Information to Others
We disclose to third parties your personal information, combined personal, demographic, behavioral or indirect information, as set forth below:
- We disclose your resume to employers who have posted job opportunities that may be of interest to you on the Web Site when you apply for those jobs.
- We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals may be located in a country, whose data protection legislation is different from your country, and they will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
- We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you make your resume searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable resume database (or copies thereof) will have access to your resume. If you indicate by configuring your profile that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to select third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register for a Talentpick account, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you.